Tuesday 2 December 2008

Writers' Rooms


(link 'borrowed' from Scott Pack)

I adore the Saturday Guardian and devour the review section. In particular, I enjoy the writers' rooms. Click here for a slideshow and talk over by the photographer, Eamonn McCabe on some of them. fascinating.

One was used as a visual prompt in last year's English paper (leaving cert I think)

Eamonn McCabe: Writers' Rooms runs 3 December - 17 January at Madison Contemporary Art, London.

One criticism is that the rooms belong to writers who have already made it. Very middle class. What do rooms look like or struggling/emerging writers?
Why not upload your own room photo somewhere flikr? and I'll feature them here.

2 comments:

Totalfeckineejit said...

Yes, Itoo have always been really fascinated by writers rooms.They really are the 'inner sanctum' aren't they?My own roomis very special to me but I have outgrown the desk (old kitchen table with knife drawer to keep pens and bit'n' bobs)and found a glorious huge tamarind wood table in an Indonesian furniture shop.They have been using it as their sales desk and I have been paying what I can when I can towards it for well over a year,hopefully I'll have it in 2009-the wait is half the fun.Would be great to see other people's nests, there's a glimpse of mine on page 57 of the summer issue of THE SHOp.

Group 8 said...

Timely post. I too love the Guardian pics and even wrote a (satirical) poem about them.

I took a pic of my v cluttered desk just this morning as I'm getting a new/old desk for Xmas and have great plans to declutter and streamline my work space. I plan to do before and after shots in the new year on my blog.