Sunday 2 May 2010

Interesting Links

Should Poets be more adventurous in their use of Form? From Magma poetry.

I've tried sonnets (they always come out a bit too silly) and pantoums (you need a really strong topic for the repetition to work well) villanelle (Failed dismally on this one) a specular (aka mirror poem. This one worked for me. I should try another)

The full program is up for Listowel Writers' Week is up: http://www.writersweek.ie/2010/programme.html Jam-packed line up clashing with the Dublin Writers' Festival.

Premiership and various division of (mainly) US magazines from The Faster Times

Longlist for the Edge Hill Short Story collection competition has some great sounding books. If someone gives me them, I'll review them. Except for Nuala's. I've read that one.

Frank O'Connor Short Story collection (very) longlist here.

Many congratulations to Nuala for getting onto both lists. A recommended book.

1 comment:

Titus said...

Yes, I really enjoyed "Nude".

Terza Rima kinda for me this week. Try it, it's fun.