Tuesday 8 June 2010

Philip O Ceallaigh Cuts the Crap

At the West Cork festival. Sounds good.

Saturday 10 July at 2.30pm
Bantry

You can download the amended booking form on the website www.westcorkliteraryfestival.ie

His workshop is still not on the website so I don't know where or how much. I suspect Ardscoil Phobal, Chapel Street, Bantry
Max 15 participants per workshop

€175 for 5 days

During this seminar,Philip will discuss the generalities and specifics of writing fiction, and offer some straight talking from one who has edited and been edited, with the emphasis on self-editing, self-criticism and rewriting.
Philip O Ceallaigh's first collection of stories Notes from a Turkish Whorehouse established him as one of the most vital and distinctive new voices in fiction. The Pleasant Light of Day confirms his talent and presses brilliantly into new territory. Philip O Ceallaigh is a writer who demands to be read.

3 comments:

Niamh B said...

I'm a writer who demands to be read too, just that no one listens to me...

Totalfeckineejit said...

Hope he has a chainsaw.

Emerging Writer said...

I listen to you Niamh
I listen to anyone with a chainsaw